Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cayo

Left the Caribe to head overland again. Mostly uneventful day. Had some fun starting my bike after 5 days and lots of rain in the Radisson, Belize City, secure parking. Good to be back on mi moto again. 


one last shot of the three amigos

Belize City Lighthouse
This was a nice respite for a couple nights. Mostly hung out and had a lay day. Needed to detox after a week with Rayray and the ballman. Dinked around on the bike. Their WiFi wasn't working and wasn't secure so I set it up for them. Javier, the owner, and Vincente, the caretaker/manager, were great. After I got the old junky Linksys setup and explained to Javier why I didn't like it, he goes and brings a new one! So I set it up too. And we tested it all the way down to the farthest cabina. They were so happy - but they didn't offer to give me free camping or anything. I didn't give them my bill though either. Besides, it was $5-/night.

This is also where I met up with two american couples doing much the same as myself but in fully decked out small trucks. We had some great chinese food in town and a rousing game of up the river over a few cocktails back at camp.

My kitchen in San Ignacio, Cayo, Belize
Took the ferry the next morning to see some ruins on my way to Guatemala.

this ferry was operated by a hand crank

Mayans in Belize.


No comments:

Post a Comment