Friday, March 29, 2013

Rehab

     So, I ended up going back to the hospital the next day because my ankle/foot had gotten much worse. They ended up putting me in a walking boot and told me to elevate for three days. After such time, I am to wear the cast on my foot for three weeks. Yikes! But, I must admit, it has made it bearable to move around. Double checked the x-rays and no fractures in the foot, ankle, or wrist. Just the hairline in my forearm. Verrrry lucky.

     I took a bus on Friday to BsAs and then the train up to Tigre and then the water taxi out to the island to stay for a couple nights and chill. The pain is gone but it's a pain in the butt trying to move around, type one handed, shower, etc. And it is nearly impossible to floss with one arm in a cast. I'm going to be a little gross for a month.

     Other than that, todo bien.

     Heading into the city to do the Pepsi Music Fest- Pearl Jam, The Black Keys, The Hives, and more. Should be good. Maybe they'll let me make use of the handicap section? We'll see.

     In a month I will have the casts removed in BsAs just to be sure that if there is something wrong I will be close to the best care. If all goes well, I'll return to Junin de los Andes, repair the moto for a couple days and go from there.

     Ciao for now

   

Left pannier bashed in pretty good. The swing arm wouldn't 'float' after the wreck so a couple guys just took hold of the pannier and the bike and started pulling... voila!

The windscreen used to be a lot taller. Must have blown up when the bike landed upside down. I kept  the pieces though. The mod will be slightly shorter than the original.

The invalids
Alvaro the somellier

Nurse Sabrina



No comments:

Post a Comment