Thursday, November 8, 2012

Et tu Brute? Winter Storm Brutus

It really was brutal. Woke up in the morning early and the sky was ok. Headed south and went by Ruby Lake and did some cool dirt road(s). But that wasn't the fastest route and by the time I got back to asphalt it was getting on in the afternoon and the weather was worsening.

Then it started getting downright shitty. No rain really but extremely high winds. The weather turned into the second named storm of the year. Right after Sandy hit the East Coast Brutus pushed the jet stream much further south than normal. I was on the edge of the front the entire rest of the time. Just nasty, buffeting, inconsistent, puffy gusts that did not quit slamming into me.

I was thinking I would make Tonopah but no way. I was practically riding sideways with tumbleweeds flying into me and no visibility because of all the dsirt in the air and it got dark. and cold.

Fremont was on the map but... Great guy that owned the bar and the quadplex with rooms for rent. We had his wife's home made pirogies. Potato and kraut with onions-That’s it.

Saw some new beautiful parts of Nevada. Man, they got some mountains too.




No comments:

Post a Comment